Patient Handouts and Instructions
- Amsler Grid -Chart for daily monitoring of Macular Degeneration
- Biosyntrx -Bio Tears dry eye supplement
- CL Care and Instructions
- Demodex Treatment
- Dry Eye and Blepharitis Treatment
- Vitamin D Info What you need to know about Vitamin D
Refractive Surgery Links
- Refractive Source Good information on refractive surgery and alternatives
- FDA LASIK Surgery FDA’s guide to LASIK
- LASIK Consumer Report Guidelines for achieving successful surgery
- Vision Surgery Rehab Network Resources and information for people with poor surgical outcomes
Resources for patients that can’t afford medications or other health care expenses
- GoodRx.com good source for checking local prices for Rx meds. They also have coupon offers on some meds. They also offer coupons for people without insurance. Sometimes it is less expensive to pay for meds directly that to get them using your insurance!
- Needy Meds.com one-stop shopping with all the drug company application forms on one site.
- Rx Assist
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
Vision and Health Information
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes risk test, information and resources
- All About Vision An excellent source of information on a wide variety of eye care topics from an explanation of astigmatism to glaucoma to vitamins for your eyes.
- AMD Alliance Macular Degeneration information and resources
- AMD.org Macular Degeneration information and resources
- Anti-Aging Recommendations Tons of links about aging and it’s prevention.
- AOA Eye Conditions and Concerns
- Color Deficiency Simulator Information and demons of color vision defects
- Corneal Crosslinking information for treatment of keratoconus and corneal ectasia.
- Diabetes Risk Calculator
- Glaucoma Service Foundation Will’s Eye Hospital Latest information on diagnosis and treatment of galucoma
- Glycemic Index Online Database to look-up the glycemic index of foods
- Lab Tests Online Understanding your lab tests
- Life Expectancy Calculator Calculate your life expectancy and see how you can make changes to improve it.
- National Eye Institue Information on eye diseaseses and disorders, vision care resources and vision research
- NORD National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Pollen.com Local Pollen count and general information about allergies
- Prevent Blindness America
- RxList Drug information
- Vitamin D Council Comprehensive site for information and research on Vitamin D.
Childrens’s Vision and Health
- AOA- Children’s Vision Section Information on vision development and eyecare
- NICHD National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Optometrist Network Information on binocular vision, amblyopia or “lazy eye”, etc
- “All Children Have Different Eyes “ Book that helps kids with visual impairment deal with challenges with friends and at school.
- Patch sources and DIY ideas for children with amblyopia